Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy Belated 2008

Well it has been a few weeks since I last posted. Things have been really busy with the moving back to Merida, Christmas and everything… but all and all everything has gone quite smoothly. I am very happy to be back in Merida, Vancouver is a nice place but is definitely NOT for me. I am moved in to my little house in the north of the city and I am really loving being a home owner… its such a different feeling from just renting. Christmas was nice and really relaxed this year… and new years was completely uneventful. It was the first Christmas in a few year that I was with my entire family, so that was cool. Also my friend Roque visited from Guadalajara so it was good to see him to… we spent a few days running around some lesser known Mayan archaeological sites, so that was really fun and cool. Anyway here are a bunch of pictures I have taken in the last couple of weeks. Thanks for reading, and happy belated New Year!


Old windmill in Ake

Remains of a Mayan Pyramid in Ake

Remains of another Pyramid in Ake

The kind of road you sometimes have to suffer to get to some very remote sites

My counsin Cydney and I in Vancouver

My family and I

Colonial convent in Izamal

Kinch Kak Moo Pyramid in Itzamal... what you can see in the picture is the top section of it which is built on top of a larger pyramid that suports and artificial platform... this thing is masive

Izamal is called the "yellow city" for obvious reasons

No comments: