Thursday, November 20, 2014

Vadsø to Kirkenes and back

Yesterday I finally escaped the confines of Vadsø for the first time since we got here over three months ago. I went on a small road trip with my friend Diego to Kirkenes to pic up a few things he needed. We did not really spend much time in town but the drive was nice, the conversation entertaining and the scenery gorgeous. We made a few stops to take some photos and video... and by we, I mean "I", but I have to say Diego was very patient with my insentient need to stop and/or slow down! Kirkenes is known in Norway as a frontier town as it sits right on the border with Rusia. As we drove along and looked over to the fjord you could actually see Rusia on the other side and at one point our phones acutaly thought we were in Russia and went on to roaming mode. Anyway, hope you enjoy the photos.











2 comments:

norm said...

It has all been sculpted by glaciers.

norm said...

It has all been sculpted by glaciers.