Monday, November 24, 2014

More Northern Lights!

Well, another week has come and gone up here in the arctic. Jeanette, Emma and I all seem to be better from our colds and things are going well but have been fairly uneventful. The one upshot of all this darkness has been that I have been able to take a few opportunities this week to go out and photograph the northern lights. Taking photos of the aurora is fun but very different from what I am used to do.. and lugging that heavy tripod through the tundra does not make it any easier. I feel like I am getting better at it, but I am really feeling the limitations of my camera. Hopefully I will be getting a new kit sometime in the not to distant future (I have had the current one for about 10 years). Anyway I hope you enjoy the photos.












5 comments:

eldani said...

buenas fotos! como para hacer tu propio protector de pantalla :)

Anonymous said...

Carlos, are the lights making any sounds as they move?

Joanne

Carlos Rosado said...

Not that I could perceive... but I have heard people describe it as "clapping" hopefully I will get to experience it soon =)

benjaminramirezart.com said...

Excelentes fotos. Gracias por compartir. Les enviamos abrazos y besos para todos.

Joanna said...

These photos are awesome!