Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yaxuna with Dad and Tio Craig

Well well. It sure has been a long time since I last posted, a mixture of holiday laziness and the fact that we did not have the internet hooked up to our place in Merida are mostly to blame, but alas here we are no in January 2012. I hope to be posting a few entries over the next week or so regarding the happenings of the past couple of months or so... so lets get started.
A couple weeks ago I headed over to the town of Yaxcaba and archaeological site of Yaxuna with my dad and my uncle Craig who had been visiting us all down in sunny Yucatan. We explored a litte around town, got some munchies and then make our way to the archaeological site of Yaxuna. I have been to this particular site quite a few times but on this ocassion the weeds had grown quite high and it was a bit of challenge to make our way through the bush, but still we preserved (although I got some weird bug bites on my legs that are still kinda with me). In any case we had a really nice day which we topped off with a big Yucatecan lunch . Hope you enjoy the photos.












1 comment:

Joanna said...

The photos are beautiful, as are our memories of the time you and Jeanette were here visiting...